The Sun Life Resolution Run is a Green Event that supports green initiatives.
As part of our commitment to organising a green event there will be a number of green initiatives in place. By working with a number of NGO's and green programs, the Sun Life Resolution Run will undertake the following as part of their commitment to making it a green event:
- All plastic water cups, bottles, bags, cans, cardboard and paper cartons from the event will be collected and recycled
- All fruit residual will be sent to a food recycling plant for composting
- All left over food and drinks will be sent to a food rescue NGO
- All left over clothing will be sent to a clothes recycling company
- Water will be provided in large water carboys which are reused with no individual water bottles being distributed reducing the use of plastic
- Green water stations will be provided for runners on the course and at the event village to all participants to refill their cups/bottles using their own reusable water cup/bottle
- Recyclable bins will be placed at the start and finish lines and at the event village
How can you help to make the event more green?
- By taking public transport and the shuttle bus to the race venue and not driving your car
- By bringing your own reusable water cups to fill up water at the water stations
- By placing your recyclable items into the recycling bins that will be provided for the event